After far too many phone calls, bouts of thumb twiddling, soft curses under my breath directed towards a certain un-named (brown) delivery service, I finally got my proofs! And I am very happy to say that they look AWESOME.
This means I can call the manufacturer tomorrow and give them the thumbs up, and then the countdown begins to get the final shipment.
The picture here shows me (aka Proud Papa) holding up the proof sheets for the backs of the red and blue decks. If you've played with one of the prototypes you'll probably remember that the backs of the two decks in the box were either black or grey. No more black & grey, we're talking full blown 4 color printing here!
I have to say, I was worried that, when I got the proof I'd somehow be disappointed. Like, maybe the colors would be off, or the whole thing wouldn't feel bright or vibrant enough. Happily, everything looks amazing, and I think I can say that my expectations have been exceeded.
Again, I have to thank Joel Gendron for his great design work, it all looks beautiful. Thanks Joel!
More photos below.
Ok, I am back now....August was given over to mostly production related tasks, but now I am trying to get back on the horse as far as pre-selling some more games and doing a few more play parties. The games have been ordered...I'm just waiting on the final proof from the manufacturer...if that's all good, then Anomia will go into production! Yippiee!
So, after closing out July having pre-sold 478 games to 250 people, I'm going to attempt and pre-sell an additional 200 games by the end of September. Total goal = 700. I'm currently at 507, so already 72.4% of the way there. If you want to buy a few copies , just click here. : )